jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Guo Du <mrdu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sling's use of Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:21:59 GMT
On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> I would do that only if there is an actual need for it. Do you have
> another implementation? Persistence manager, data store, or journal?
> If yes, would it be enough to just move the persistence manager
> interface, or do we need to do something else (for example does your
> implementation extend the abstract bundle persistence manager)?
I don't have another implementation at the moment for any of them. But
I can think of it's might be possible to add key/value store as bundle
persistence store in future. From the exist implementation names such
as DerbyPersistenceManager, Oracle9PersistenceManager,
CachingPersistenceManager, you can see that there would endless of
possibility for new implementations :(

I don't see too much benefit now to move the interface to API, but it
would have a clean way to extend jackrabbit for long run.

-Guo