jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Guo Du <mrdu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sling's use of Jackrabbit
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2009 01:43:29 GMT
On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Issue is that Jackrabbit is configured with a repository.xml file which
> itself refers to optional classes. Most notably these are the
> PersistenceManager classes along with their dependencies. So this
> provides some issues with setting up the bundle.
OSGi DynamicImport-Package header is designed to work with this
situation. It was used to work with dynamic environment such as groovy
or templating.

> In addition there might be requirements to flexibly add LoginModule(s)
> in OSGi style using the OSGi service registry. This is not available
> from the jackrabbit-core library and we have added support for this in
> Sling.
As repository.xml was the core to boot up the repository, the lookup
LoginModule from OSGi service could be an helper class aware of
bundleContext to get reference from other bundle. It may not worth to
add OSGi dependencies to JR core.

-Guo