jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Unicode, NFC,NFD and node names
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 15:46:10 GMT
2009/11/6 Grégory Joseph <gregory.joseph@magnolia-cms.com>:
> I can see why one wouldn't this as the default behaviour; is there any
> chance the current PathResolver implementation could become configurable or
> swappable?

I think nobody sees a real issue with that (yet). Your original
example code that fails under certain combinations (OSX and Derby) is
not a good case, as it can be expected to fail that way, as the
original name "föö" provided is changed within the java application
itself. I expect that any string in a Java application follows the
same utf-8 encoding & normalization. If you find a combination (eg.
including a browser or other client, using webdav, etc.) where it
fails, this would be helpful.

Also note that most (all?) people use the URL space as node names, to
map it back and forth and unify the naming, just as in a plain unix
filesystem. This gives plain ASCII and leaves out any umlautes.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek