jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: OPT FYI: Hanging transaction in 1.5.x, whither OCM?
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 08:30:02 GMT
On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 00:53, Dave Crooke <dcrooke@hyper9.com> wrote:
> Just in case anyone is interested ....

I am ...

> 1. We tripped over an issue whereby DatabasePersistenceManager.java keeps an
> uncommitted transaction open at all times. I had a rummage around JIRA but I
> couldn't find anything similar reported.

are you able to reproduce the issue? can you please provide a thread
dump of the JVM when the issue occurs?

> I couldn't track down the missing commit, so my workaround was to simply
> patch it to non-transactional behavior (using JDBC auto-commit), and this
> works fine in our environment including stress testing our use of
> Jackrabbit, but we're not using features like versioning which may depend on
> real transactional semantics.

please note that you also lose atomicity of jackrabbit saves/commits,
which may leave you with an inconsistency in the workspace when an
error occurs while storing a set of changes.

regards
 marcel