jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sling's use of Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:53:03 GMT

Alexander Klimetschek schrieb:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 14:23, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
>> As I already wrote, it doesn't make sense to do that now. We can still
>> do that later on, when there is actually somebody that needs it.
> AFAIU the workaround done in Sling wrt the package exports is a bit
> ugly, hence there is some need for it to make it cleaner. Also, the
> 2.0 release is the best candidate for introducing such changes. We
> can't change that API part in 2.x.

As I also said, the API part is only one part. The other part is
dynamicity which we also have to account for (since Jackrabbit Core
doesn't and will probably not in the foreseeable future).

But I am basically all for isolating part of the internal API into
Jackrabbit Core API packages. Maybe PersistenceManager is not the best
idea, but the Authentication and Access Control stuff are certainly

> Regards,
> Alex

View raw message