jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From rokham <somebodyik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat stops responding due to too many requests - using Jackrabbit
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 04:09:02 GMT

Hi,

Thanks a bunch for your reply. I learned yet another new thing :)

I think my problem lied in my program's usage of sessions accessing
Jackrabbit. I had a single session processing all the requests, but after
reading a lot online, special thanks to this page:

http://n4.nabble.com/Threads-in-jackrabbit-application-td520034.html#a520034

I learned that each thread should have its own session. I made the changes
and the performance shot up very significantly.

I used to be able to add/update/query Jackrabbit with about 300-500 requests
(over 5 minutes) and it would come to a halt. Now I was able to perform
7,200 operations (over about 40 minutes) and it was still up and running (no
glitches felt). I still need to run longer and harsher tests on the
application but I feel a lot more confident in its performance.

Thanks again for your help,

Rokham