jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Crooke" <dcro...@hyper9.com>
Subject OPT FYI: Hanging transaction in 1.5.x, whither OCM?
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 23:53:18 GMT
Hi folks

Just in case anyone is interested ....

We are making very light use of Jackrabbit 1.5.3 with OCM in our
environment.

1. We tripped over an issue whereby DatabasePersistenceManager.java
keeps an uncommitted transaction open at all times. I had a rummage
around JIRA but I couldn't find anything similar reported.

I couldn't track down the missing commit, so my workaround was to simply
patch it to non-transactional behavior (using JDBC auto-commit), and
this works fine in our environment including stress testing our use of
Jackrabbit, but we're not using features like versioning which may
depend on real transactional semantics.

2. We found that OCM-5 was causing a noticeable memory leak in our
environment, and the patch suggested in the ticket does fix it.

Is Jackrabbit OCM still a live project? There doesn't seem to have been
much activity since the refactor for Jackrabbit 1.6.0

Cheers
Dave