jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r829798 - in /jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src: main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/ main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/config/ main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/security/authorization/ main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/s
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:46:40 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 14:48,  <jukka@apache.org> wrote:
> Use the standard java.beans classes instead of BeanMap for the configured bean properties.

the use of java.beans can cause quite some trouble. the basic problem
is the cache inside Introspector, which holds a combination of weak
and soft references to classes that may not be freed up anymore, even
though it's supposed to do so. A common and documented workaround is
to call Introspector.flushCaches().

I'm not sure if this is still an issue with current JDKs, but I think
we should avoid using Introspector when possible.

regards
 marcel