jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Generic JCR repository factory
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:50:58 GMT
On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:01, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
> We *always* need some kind of lifecycle: Even if you just *connect* to a
> repository, you want to be able to explicitly *disconnect* from the
> repository -- and don't tell me "stop the application to disconnect" ;-)

that's correct for Session where you use logout but not for
Repository. If you connect to a remote repository, the Repository
instance usually just holds the information how a session can connect
to the remote repository on login. the repository instance itself
usually does not hold resources. so, you just leave it to the GC to do
the cleanup.

regards
 marcel