jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Merging components
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:01:12 GMT
Hi,

> There have been reasons why the components were split in the first place

We should document the reasons. In what case do you use each of the
jackrabbit jar file alone? Why is this an important use case, and why
would it hurt if the other functionality is also included?

> ... So don't go overboard and say "always use it like this"

I wrote "_almost_ always used as one component".

> The total number of jars doesn't concern with me

Good to know, but please remember most people don't use OSGi.

> The only concern is the number of jars started with jackrabbit-*. I would dream to get
a default repository just with jackrabbit-core.

Me too :-)

Regards,
Thomas