jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Merging jcr2spi and spi2jcr to spi-commons
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:46:26 GMT
Hi,

Jukka Zitting schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
>>> This would support the long term goal of getting rid of the separate
>>> transient space implementations in core and jcr2spi, as it would be
>>> easier for core to reuse stuff from jcr2spi.
>> if this is the aim of the whole execise then i don't see
>> why we have to do this right now... i don't know of any
>> plans to have core reusing jcr2spi stuff.
>
> My main aim is to simplify the deployment of SPI connectors like
> spi2dav (see the related thread on remoting and JCR-RMI). Having
> jcr2spi included in spi-commons would remove one extra dependency from
> client projects and would allow spi2dav to include a
> javax.jcr.RepositoryFactory implementation.

Well, honestly. The problem is not the dependency per-se but lack of
documentation thereof !

I tend to agree with Angela that we should not merge projects/libraries
just to make it "easier" for one use case... I think keeping the thing
architecturally clean is way better -- and easier to use in the long term.

Regards
Felix