jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Merging jcr2spi and spi2jcr to spi-commons
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 07:30:40 GMT
hi jukka

> How about an alternative of merging just jcr2spi to spi-commons and
> leaving spi2jcr as a separate component like spi2dav?

hm... i don't like it.

> This would support the long term goal of getting rid of the separate
> transient space implementations in core and jcr2spi, as it would be
> easier for core to reuse stuff from jcr2spi.

if this is the aim of the whole execise then i don't see
why we have to do this right now... i don't know of any
plans to have core reusing jcr2spi stuff.

jcr2spi currently is a half-way jsr 283 implementation as
we are short of resources and fixing access control,
rentention management, shareable nodes etc. for the
jcr2spi doesn't have any prio. i don't see how you want
to merge that with the core.

and last but not least:
i don't see any reason why we have to discuss this
right now. michi is on vacation and i'm kind of busy
with the next CQ release... honestly i don't have leisure
time to think about things that i consider not to be
crucial for the overall functionality.

can we please postpone this discussion?

regards
angela