jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Merging jcr2spi and spi2jcr to spi-commons
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:40:28 GMT
hi jukka

i think this would be wrong from a conceptual point of view.

- jcr2spi is a JCR implementation
- spi2jcr is an example implementation of the SPI that we
   mainly used for developing jcr2spi as it was straight forward
   to implement having a jackrabbit-core as jcr-part in spi2jcr.
- spi-commons is a container for utility and default-implementations
   of the SPI interfaces similar to jcr-commons for JCR interfaces.
   this is really internal stuff.

jackrabbit-core has a dependency to the spi-commons as
well as since jackrabbit-jcr2spi and jackrabbit-core
share some of the internal logic such as namespace,
name, path and node type handling.
but jackrabbit-core hasn't too much to do with jcr2spi or
spi2jcr. i mean: nothing.

long time ago we had the jcr-commons stuff being part
of jackrabbit-core and we decided to put that into a
separate module. merging jcr2spi or spi2jcr with the spi-commons
would take the contrary approach and looks wired to me.

i wouldn't be in favor of such a move.

View raw message