jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: JCR 1456 Database connection pooling
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 09:00:38 GMT
Hi,

> The only alternative I can see is to implement our own connection pool, but imho that's
unnecessarily re-inventing the wheel.

I just wanted to know what exactly is required additionally (direct
and indirect dependencies). I'm not saying it's a problem.

> Well...also the cached PreparedStatements from e.g. the BundlePMs have been removed.

Some connection pools do cache PreparedStatement, but we should
probably verify that it actually works in our case. To find it out
what JDBC method are called, you could use the H2 database and add
;TRACE_LEVEL_FILE=3 to the database URL.

Regards,
Thomas