jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: JCR 1456 Database connection pooling
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 15:32:34 GMT
Hi,

> Existing configurations (i.e., repository and workspace descriptors) do not have to be
changed

OK, that's great. Do all databases work now?

> You do need the commons-dbcp library on your classpath

I don't know if this acceptable, probably it is. So you would need
commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar, which is 120 KB. What about commons-pool, or
other dependencies of commons-dbcp?

> it is retrieved every time it is needed from a pooling DataSource.

Do you know how much this slows down operations? Probably we should
try to measure this.

About Oracle10R1ConnectionHelper: It this required for Oracle 10R1 and
newer, or 10R1 and older?

Regards,
Thomas