jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit management API
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 09:04:27 GMT
Hi Jukka,

> I still don't understand this requirement. JCR does not specify a
> mechanism to shutdown the repository, so by definition a feature like
> this can't be JCR-compatible.

I repeat what I wrote before:

"[1] If the mechanism is incompatible, then the application can not
easily use repository wrappers such as a log wrapper, use a JCR
remoting implementation, or use a different JCR implementation."

Using your proposal, an application would have to call
RepositoryManager.start() to be able to use the repository, right? If
this is the case, an application _could_ _not_ be written in a
Jackrabbit independent way. This is not acceptable. Jackrabbit would
simply not be JCR spec compliant.

I think it's important that we all understand this point.

Regards,
Thomas