jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit management API
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 17:56:10 GMT
Hi,

>> One solution would be: JackrabbitRepository.shutdown(Session s).
>
> that would e.g. require that a container that controls the lifecycle
> of the repository needs credentials to start and stop it. I don't
> think that useful.

I understand. So the problem is that the application that started the
repository should be able to stop it. What about:

JackrabbitRepository.shutdown(java.util.Map parameters)
Where parameters need to be the same parameters that were used to
start the repository. Or:
JackrabbitRepository.shutdown(RepositoryFactory createdBy)
or:
JackrabbitRepositoryFactory.shutdown(Repository rep)
or:
JackrabbitRepositoryFactory.getManager(Repository rep)

Regards,
Thomas