jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance: Apache Derby vs. Oracle
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:39:22 GMT
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:05 PM, David Wagener <David.Wagener@awi.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have analysed the performance of my application based on apache derby
> (default configuration) and based on oracle.
>
> The application based on apache derby (default configuration) is faster.
>

> Can you describe me the reasons?!

well, why does this come as a surprise?;)

1. you probably used an embedded derby db whereas oracle is a
stand-alone server.
   => network latency
2. oracle has never been known to be blazingly fast ;) derby
stand-alone server or
   e.g. mysql should provide significantly better performance.

cheers
stefan

2.