jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Hendriks <marti...@gx.nl>
Subject RE: JCR 1456 Database connection pooling
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:27:41 GMT
Hi,

Yes, 20% is quite a lot. I see two possibilities for avoiding this:
* Don't configure a validation query (explicit configuration of a validation query is not
possible for DataSources obtained through JNDI). A major drawback is that broken Connections
do not get thrown out of the pool automatically.
* We could make it configurable to use the old strategy (i.e., cache Connection and PreparedStatement
instances in the ConnectionHelper class and implement connection recovery ourselves) for the
cases where performance is a problem.

Best regards,
Martijn