jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Hendriks <marti...@gx.nl>
Subject RE: JCR 1456 Database connection pooling
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:42:55 GMT

Ok, thats cool!

I tried to get an impression of the performance of the sandbox branch compared to the trunk
based on the automated test suite; I measured the build time for the integration-test phase
with both h2 and mysql backends on the local machine. My observations are:
- measurements are not very repeatable
- statement and connection pooling works as expected as demonstrated by H2 trace data.
- statement pooling seems to make no difference for h2 and mysql; I have not measured the
impact on memory but i once got an OutOfMemoryError during the integration tests
- performance has degraded about 20 percent for mysql and h2 and this is mostly due to validation
queries

Best regards,
Martijn