jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Hendriks <marti...@gx.nl>
Subject RE: JCR 1456 Database connection pooling
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 07:52:47 GMT

Well, I tested on MySQL 5.0, MSSQL server 2005 and Oracle 10g XE. All automated tests run
fine except for two GarbageCollectorTests (testGC and testCloseSessionWhileRunningGC). These
do succeed on Derby but not on the DBs mentioned above.

I also see that we have DDLs for DB2, H2, Ingres, PostgreSQL, MaxDB and Daffodil... Do we
have a list of databases that we formally support?

> > You do need the commons-dbcp library on your classpath
>
> I don't know if this acceptable, probably it is. So you would need
> commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar, which is 120 KB. What about commons-pool, or
> other dependencies of commons-dbcp?

Sure, you also need the dependencies of commons-dbcp-1.2.2.

> > it is retrieved every time it is needed from a pooling DataSource.
>
> Do you know how much this slows down operations? Probably we should
> try to measure this.

I think that this patch indeed will have some impact on the performance but I have not tried
to measure it yet. I agree that we should.

> About Oracle10R1ConnectionHelper: It this required for Oracle 10R1 and
> newer, or 10R1 and older?

10R1 and older. I used the naming suggested in JCR-1525.

Best regards,
Martijn