jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 2.0 release plan
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:57:26 GMT
Hi,

I'll be doing another Jackrabbit 2.0 alpha tomorrow.

The JCR 2.0 API jar is now officially available from the JCP (see
[1]), and I'm hoping to get the jar uploaded to Maven central within a
few days. After that I would like to switch from the source-only alpha
releases we've been doing to a sequence of beta releases that come
with all the pre-built binaries and other Maven artifacts for easier
downstream testing and integration.

We currently have the following blocker issues targeted for the final
Jackrabbbit 2.0 release:

  [JCR-2231] Improvements to user management (2)
  [JCR-2331] Configurable DefaultPolicy replacing Initialization
within the ACProvider
  [JCR-2243] Automatic upgrade to 2.0

[1] http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr283/index.html

BR,