jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 2.0 press release
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:28:26 GMT
Hi,

I would like to start preparing an official Apache press release to go
with the upcoming Jackrabbit 2.0 release. This will be our biggest
release since Jackrabbit 1.0 was released 3.5 years ago [1], and I'd
like to get also the press involved in spreading the word.

See [2] for a good example press release from Apache Tuscany. I'll
write a basic draft over the next week or so, and we can work together
on improving it. Ideally we should have a "final draft" of the press
release available in mid-October so that we can have it released at
ApacheCon US.

I would also like to get a few quotes from key people included in the
press release. David as the JSR 283 spec lead and Day representative
would be a good candidate, and people like Arje from Hippo, Julian
from greenbytes, or someone from GX, Cognifide, Jahia or Anyware could
give good industry perspective.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/jlk4qe336lne7v4m
[2] http://apache.org/foundation/press/pr_2008_10_14.html

BR,