jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 2.0 release plan
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:01:04 GMT
Hi,

As David mentioned, JCR 2.0 is now approved and should become
available soon. This means that we are getting closer to being able to
release Jackrabbit 2.0. As another step on that way I'm doing another
alpha release today.

I haven't yet looked in detail at all the open feature issues we have,
but it would be really cool if we could have Jackrabbit 2.0 released
by the ApacheCon US in early November. That would give us essentially
one month time for any remaining work in trunk. Improvements that
don't make it to svn by that time can be postponed to 2.1.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, once JSR 283 is final (and the official JCR 2.0 API jar is out),
> I would like to move the jackrabbit-jcr-tests component to the JCR
> Commons subproject and release a 2.0 version of it with the exact same
> contents as was used for the JSR 283 TCK. That way we'll have a clear
> baseline for any TCK fixes that may be needed and can manage the TCK
> work outside the main Jackrabbit release cycle.

The 2.0-alpha9 sources of jackrabbit-jcr-tests did become the approved
JCR 2.0 TCK, so I'm taking that codebase and copying it to
.../jackrabbit/commons/jcr-tests/trunk. Once the JCR 2.0 API jar is
officially available we can release that component and replace the
sources in .../jackrabbit/trunk with a normal Maven dependency.

BR,

Jukka Zitting