jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit-rmi version number
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:16:07 GMT

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:06 AM, KÖLL Claus <C.KOELL@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> but should we include the source for this package in future releases ?

Not in jackrabbit-core releases, just like we don't include the source
of the other dependencies we use.

The updated source of the JCR Commons components will be released when
we make releases of those components. For example, there are a few
JCR-RMI fixes that I've been thinking of releasing. That release will
contain only jackrabbit-jcr-rmi and its sources.

The concept is a bit similar to what we did with the Jackrabbit 1.4.x
patch releases that only contained a single component. Now with
separate Jiras and trunks for such standalone components we can better
track such separate release cycles.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message