jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit-rmi version number
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:02:00 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 9:52 AM, KÖLL Claus <C.KOELL@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> one question regarding the version number of this package.
> in the jackrabbit 1.6 release the jcr-rmi-1.5.jar is integrated in the standalone edition
> but in the source package it isn't. all other packages has been updated to 1.6 version
number.
> .. sorry not all the jcr-servlet is also 1.5.2 ...
>
> what is our concept of version numbers with this packages ?

See the release notes:

    * Standalone components like the JCR-RMI layer and the OCM framework
      have been moved to a separate JCR Commons subproject of Jackrabbit,
      and are not included in this release. Updates to those components
      will be distributed as separate releases.

The code is now in .../repos/asf/jackrabbit/commons and those
components have their own Jira issue trackers (JCRRMI, OCM, etc.).
Since they don't depend on jackrabbit-core, there is no need to update
their versions when jackrabbit-core versions change and we can for
example keep using jcr-rmi 1.5.0 with more recent jackrabbit-core
releases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting