jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: inconsistent svn:mergeinfo
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:36:24 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Marcel Reutegger <mreutegg@day.com> wrote:
> it seems this commit http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=767511&view=rev
> introduced more mergeinfo revisions than are actually covered by
> source changes.
> [...]
> the first two seem unintended. I'll simply remove them from the list.
> Is that OK or should this be handled differently?

When merging fixes back to a maintenance branch I often mark changes
related to improvements and new features with the --record-only
option. This makes the svn mergeinfo command more useful in checking
what fixes could/should still be backported.

Normally we shouldn't be backporting non-bugfix changes, so the above
practice shouldn't cause too many problems. In cases where you do need
to merge a non-bugfix change, you can explicitly revert the
--record-only setting to make the merge work.

Here's an example for the JCR-1988 issue:

    TRUNK=https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk
    svn merge -c -746932 --record-only $TRUNK
    svn merge -c 746932 $TRUNK

BR,

Jukka Zitting