jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branch and backports management
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 13:56:55 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 3:36 PM, S├ębastien
Launay<sebastien.launay@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> I was not confident to delete this branch as my first commit ;).
> But, it's done now.

Cool, thanks.

> After analyzing svn:mergeinfo property i have a doubt because
> older branches (1.5, 1.4, ...) still have mergeinfo from 1.x branch
> but not from forked branches (1.6, 1.5, ...) and i don't know if
> this a problem.

It shouldn't be a problem as we haven't been using svn mergeinfo to
track the backport queue for earlier branches. In fact now that 1.6.0
is out we probably don't need accurate mergeinfo data even in the 1.6
branch. Instead we use Jira to track all the changes that have been or
should be backported from trunk.

BR,

Jukka Zitting