jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit management API
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 09:34:56 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Thomas Müller<thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
>>> Using your proposal, an application would have to call
>>> RepositoryManager.start() to be able to use the repository, right?
>>
>> No.
>
> Was this the answer to my question? "No" meaning start() does not need
> to be called to start the repository? Why do you have start() then?

An *application* (i.e. a normal JCR client) doesn't need to call
start(), as the repository is normally already running as a separate
server, webapp or another resource when the application wants to
access it.

The use case is being able to remotely manage for example a
jackrabbit-standalone process without shell scripts accessing the
server where the repository is running. This has nothing to do with
normal RepositoryFactory.getRepository() calls.

BR,

Jukka Zitting