jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What about deleting versions ?
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 20:13:35 GMT

As a general note, please use the users@jackrabbit.apache.org mailing
list for questions about using Jackrabbit.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 6:51 PM, arcassis@gmail.com<arcassis@gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all I want to say that you, folks, are doing a great job with
> Jackrabbit !

> I have a short question: when I delete a versionable node, does JR
> automatically delete all node's versions ?

> If not, how can I delete the remaining orphan versions.

Use the VersionHistory.removeVersion() method.

Once you've removed all past versions and there are no remaining
references to the version history, Jackrabbit (since version 1.6.0,
see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-134) will automatically
remove also the version history node from /jcr:system.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message