jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to ensure XAConnection to stop rollback in managed transactions?
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:44:22 GMT
Hi,

about Jackrabbit configuration.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:01 PM,
mat_the_green<matthew@newedgeengineering.com> wrote:
> The database connection times out after about 12 hours and JackRabbit tries
> to reconnect but is using a normal java.sql.Connection and is trying to
> rollback the transaction.
> After reading through some documentation I think that JackRabbit should be
> using a XAConnection and I was wondering how I configure the persistence
> manager to ensure this?

Jackrabbit expects to be in full control of the underlying database
connection, so you should not try to use an external transaction
manager for that.

Jackrabbit supports distributed XA transactions on the Session level,
so you can simply associate your JCR sessions with the transaction
manager.

BR,

Jukka Zitting