Hi Alex,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Philip Arkcoll<philip@knowledgetree.com> wrote:
> We're considering implementing a JSR 283 CR in PHP 5 and releasing this
> under the Apache license.
>
> We're aware of early projects aimed at developing a JSR 170 CR. Are you
> aware of any current efforts to do so? Would this be something the
> Jackrabbit community would be interested in getting involved in?

Typo3 made some efforts of implementing first a PHP to JCR bridge
(using Jackrabbit as backend) and the implementing JCR in PHP
natively. See this blog post with some links: [1]. But I don't know
whether they aim JSR-170 or 283 at the moment.

It looks like the Typo3 effort has been spun off into a separate project, Flow3, covering a JSR-283 CR and allied framework. They've picked up on the dormant Jackrabbit port to PHP and appear to be actively working on it.

http://flow3.typo3.org/

I cannot speak for the whole community, but I'd say the current focus
lies on getting JSR-283 done in Jackrabbit. Implementing the full spec
is quite a big task, so I'd recommend to start with selected areas
only (eg. no observation, search, nodetype support etc.) to get you
going.

Fair enough. Thanks for the advice!

Best regards,
Philip