jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nodetype mgmt in jackrabbit 2.0?
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:11:36 GMT
hi mike

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Mike Wilson<mikewse@hotmail.com> wrote:
> What is planned for Jackrabbit 2.0 regarding nodetype
> management? Ie, regarding these features from chapter 19 in
> the JCR 2.0 spec:
> - Removing a node type from the registry.
> - Updating the definition of a registered node type that is
>  currently in use as the node type of a node in the
>  repository.
>
> Will these be "fully" implemented to handle all sorts of
> situations, or will implementation be similar to Jackrabbit
> 1.x with no unregister and only limited updates?

AFAIK there are currently no plans for further work on the node type
management features you mentioned, at least not so for jackrabbit 2.0.
so far we haven't reached consensus on how to best tackle the
implementation challenges we're facing but we'll certainly address this topic
when desiging the jackrabbit 3.0 core architecture.

cheers
stefan