jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Hendriks <marti...@gx.nl>
Subject RE: JCR 1.0 API OSGi wrapper
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:05:24 GMT
Hi,

I think that's a very useful idea!

+1

best regards,
Martijn

Van: Felix Meschberger [fmeschbe@gmail.com]
Verzonden: dinsdag 11 augustus 2009 11:33
Aan: Jackrabbit Dev
Onderwerp: JCR 1.0 API OSGi wrapper

Hi all,

Over in the Sling project we had a project/module/bundle, which
re-exported the JCR 1.0 API because that library is not distributed as
an OSGi bundle.

With the advent of JCR 2.0 and the API library being an OSGi bundle said
SLING bundle will of course not export the JCR API any more (and maybe
shoudn't have in the first place).

Thus, we need an OSGi bundling of the JCR 1.0 API library. We could do
that in Sling, where we (Sling) need it. We could do it Apache Felix,
which has a section of wrapper bundles. Or we could do it in Jackrabbit,
which is the home to many things related to JCR and which would probably
also be the first place to look at for such a wrapper.

I have created JCR-2254 to set up such a project, which will be very
simple and just consist of a single POM and required license files. As
part of this I will create the necessary structure in jackrabbit/commons
and cut a release candidate shortly.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix