jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branch and backports management
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:05:35 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:31 AM, S├ębastien
Launay<sebastien.launay@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> IIUC if the merge can not be done automatically, we can update the
> release branch manually and then mark the trunk commit as
> "already" merged using:
> svn merge --record-only -r 10000
> # where 10000 is the trunk commit revision
> in order to avoid merging it again later.

Yep. I use the --record-only option also to explicitly skip non-bugfix
changes when tracking changes in trunk. This makes svn mergeinfo quite
useful in determining which changes still need to be reviewed before
making a release.

> I did not know there was a 1.x branch to keep in sync.
> I understand this branch can be useful when a 1.7 might see the
> light of day.
> But this branch may also be created from 1.6 when a new release
> branch is really needed in order to avoid multiple backports
> from branches to branches.

Good point, that'll probably be an easier approach.

BR,

Jukka Zitting