jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 2.0 release plan
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:44:40 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Jukka Zitting<jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> We're getting pretty close to feature-completeness... I'm planning to
> cut a new alpha release (2.0-alpha8) tomorrow and will most likely do
> another one (2.0-alpha9) next week as we gear up towards the JSR 283
> final release.

We have just resolved (thanks, Julian!) all the remaining JSR 283
support issues from JCR-1104!

There's one more JCR 2.0 pre-release jar coming up due to the constant
errors reported on users@. Once we have that (tomorrow, I guess) I
plan to resolve JCR-1104 and cut the 2.0-alpha9 release.

>From that point we'll also create the JSR 283 RI and TCK branch for
any remaining extra tweaks.

BTW, once JSR 283 is final (and the official JCR 2.0 API jar is out),
I would like to move the jackrabbit-jcr-tests component to the JCR
Commons subproject and release a 2.0 version of it with the exact same
contents as was used for the JSR 283 TCK. That way we'll have a clear
baseline for any TCK fixes that may be needed and can manage the TCK
work outside the main Jackrabbit release cycle.

BR,

Jukka Zitting