jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: JCR 2.0 implementation progress
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 06:52:55 GMT

> Could we resolve the issue as fixed for the RI and open a new issue
> for any further changes we need before the Jackrabbit 2.0 release?

sure, i can do that. i simply don't want to have the final 2.0
release to be pushed out before that.

>>>  [JCR-1590] JSR 283: Locking
>> the timeout stuff is still not implemented (as stated in the issue).

> Are you working on it, or should I take a look at it?

unfortunately not... but i placed TODOs in the core code.
what needs to be adjusted is
- respect the timeout flag upon lock creation.
- reset the expiration upon Lock.refresh based on the original hint
- adjust isLocked (or similar) to make sure an expired
   lock is properly detected.

tests are already present and jcr2spi should be able
to deal with it as well (not really tested as the core
doesn't support the timeout hint yet).

>>>  [JCR-1712] JSR 283: JCR Names
>> there was one open issue regarding the validation of URIs.
>> i don't remember what was the final decision in the EG (or
>> if there was any).

> OK.

maybe julian knows what was the latest status there.
the discussion was - if i remember correctly - whether
namespace uris present in the expanded form of a jcr
name must be valid uris or not. jackrabbit currently
doesn't make such a validation and i think julian
thought it should... if there was not consensus in
the EG or the issue hasn't been solved, i opt for
leaving it as is... also for backwards compatibility.