jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ajai <ajaik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Authentication & Authorization
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:30:53 GMT

Hi Angela,

I tried implementing the custom authentication in the following way, please
let me know if i am in the right direction.

1. Created a class JRLoginModule that extends AbstractLoginModule
2. Added a new class JRAuthentication implements Authentication
3. In the "authenticate" method of JRAuthentication  wrote my custom method
for authentication
4. In the  "getAuthentication" method of JRLoginModule, I created a new
JRAuthentication object and returned.

Is this the right way (or) do i need to do something else?

Also for Custom authorisation

1. Created a class JRAuthorisation extends DefaultAccessManager
2. Overrided the "isGranted" methods.

My problem is, How can i get handles to the node and user objects in my
custom class.

Kindly let me know your views.

Thanks,
Ajai G