jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ajai <ajaik...@gmail.com>
Subject How to do Indexing and Extraction in Background threads
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 09:22:56 GMT

Hi,

Whenever we add a document to the repository, the indexing and extraction
seems to happen in the same thread. Due to this, the addition takes around 8
secs for a 2.5 MB document.

We would like to make this extraction and indexing to be done on a
background thread.

I have the following configuration for searchIndex in the repository.xml

<SearchIndex

		</SearchIndex>

Please let us know if any configuraion changes needs to be made.

Thanks
Ajai G