jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bart van der Schans <b.vandersch...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Performance of Jackrabbit
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:37:26 GMT
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Alexander Klimetschek<aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Ajai<ajaiking@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24620741/ThreadFeeder.java ThreadFeeder.java
>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24620741/repository.xml repository.xml
>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24620741/indexingconfiguration.xml
>> indexingconfiguration.xml
>>
>> Kindly let me know your suggestions.
>
> From a quick look at your code it looks like you create a flat
> hierarchy with all nodes on the same level. You should try to
> distribute the load by creating more subfolders (which should follow
> some useful structure, eg. dates like 2009/07/23 works with most
> content). The limit where Jackrabbit gets a bit slower is at around
> 10k child nodes.
Iirc there's a similar problem with multi value properties when you
add a lot of values.

Is there any room left in the current implementation to improve the
performance of those two use cases? Or did somebody already look at it
thoroughly and squeezed out the last bit of performance gain? If not,
I would be happy to run some tests in a profiler and see what comes
up..

Regards,
Bart

--
Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646
http://www.onehippo.com   -  info@onehippo.com