jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Logger politic in Jackrabbit 2
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:53:13 GMT
Hi,

slf4j gives you more flexibility in an environment with many libraries
and code you cannot control, where each uses its own logger
implementation. With slf4j you can (at deployment time)

a) essentially map all common logging APIs onto slf4j via the
so-called bridges and
b) choose what is used as implementation that writes the log files (or
whatever output is desired)

This is the most flexible and "neutral" way available.

Regards,
Alex

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Martijn Hendriks<martijnh@gx.nl> wrote:
> Hi Johann,
>
> Jackrabbit uses SLF4J in order to be able to choose the logging implementation you want
to use at deployment time (http://www.slf4j.org/). If you include a org.slf4j.slf4j-jdk jar
next to the jackrabbit jars then the default Java logger is used. I hope that helps you.

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com