jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Reason for Item.save() to be deprecated...
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:25:51 GMT
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Luca Tagliani<l.tagliani@cbt.it> wrote:
>  I have downloaded the alpha4 of jackrabbit-2.0 and I'm using the
> jcr-2.0-b19.jar for the jcr api.
>
> I've found that Item.save() has been deprecated.
>
> I haven't find the source of the jcr-2.0-b19.jar or any javadoc about it.

You'll find the javadoc of the current final draft in the JSR-283
package from here [1], which includes the spec, the jar and the
javadocs. Note that the -b19.jar is a more recent version than the
official proposed final draft available on the JSR-283 website, but I
think the changes are minimal.

> In our project we rely on item (tipically node) direct saving and I wanted
> to know if there will be in the future (jcr2.0 migration of the project...)
> any problem.
>
> Could someone please tell me why this method is deprecated and if there's a
> replacement (workaround)?

The workaround is to use Session.save().

I guess it was removed to simplify implementation of the API, but I
think Jackrabbit will still support it in its 2.0 release (although it
might be removed later).

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=283

Regards,
Alex