jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: System.getSecurityManager(); is null
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:28:13 GMT
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:55 AM, ndesk1900<ndesk1900@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've written some code that connects to the repository, loads an image
> (using ImageIO.read()) and i wish to store that image in the JCR.
>
> The problem is; as soon as i make a call to ImageIO.read() i am thrown an
> exception; reason for the exception is [SecurityManager security =
> System.getSecurityManager();]  System.getSecurityManager() returning null
> somewhere in the File class. I've never really needed to
> 'setSecurityManager' as such before; is this something to do with
> Jackrabbit? Any ideas how to solve this?

Could you provide the affected code snippet and (full) stacktrace of
the exception? Otherwise it is pure guessing.

But I would think that it is not related to Jackrabbit, especially if
it happens on the ImageIO.read() when reading from your file, because
at this point Jackrabbit as the target of the stream is not involved
yet.

Regards,
Alex

--