jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance of Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:45:03 GMT
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Ajai<ajaiking@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually i am doing the right way as you mentioned, having session.save()
> after each file.
> But i do have text extractors and indexes turned on.
> My Configuration:
>
> for searchindex:
>
> <SearchIndex class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">

>                </SearchIndex>
>

> My Index config:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM
> "http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/indexing-configuration-1.0.dtd">
> <configuration xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0"
>        xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0">
>        <index-rule nodeType="nt:file">
>                <property>jcr:content</property>
>        </index-rule>
>        <index-rule nodeType="nt:resource">
>                <property>jcr:data</property>
>        </index-rule>
> </configuration>
>
> Kindly tell me the optimal way to use them.

as already suggested in my earlier post:

1. disable search index or text extractors and compare results
2. remove checkin() call and compare results
3. use embedded derby and compare results
4. if you provide GenRandom.java, i'll run the test on my own machine.

cheers
stefan

> Thanks
> Ajai G
>

> Guo Du wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Ajai<ajaiking@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Guo,
>>>
>>> Yes, i am adding a document to the repository.
>>> Is there multiple ways to do a save?
>>>
>>> I am doing it the following way,
>>>
>>> fileNode = matterNode.addNode(fileName, "nt:file");
>>> fileNode.addMixin("mix:versionable");
>>> fileNode.addMixin("mix:referenceable");
>>> Node resNode = fileNode.addNode("jcr:content", "nt:resource");
>>> resNode.addMixin("mix:versionable");
>>> resNode.addMixin("mix:referenceable");
>>> resNode.setProperty("jcr:mimeType", mimeType);
>>> resNode.setProperty("jcr:encoding", ENCODING_UTF_8);