jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Per-repository thread pool in Jackrabbit
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:37:43 GMT
Hi,

Prompted by the JCR-1818 changes I started thinking whether it would
make sense to have a single per-repository thread pool for use by all
the various background jobs (index merging, text extraction, cluster
sync, etc.) that we have going on while a repository is running. We
could also add simple task scheduling functionality to the pool if
needed. Such a global thread pool would be easier to manage and
configure, though it would reduce the amount of control one has over
the scheduling and capacity of individual tasks.

WDYT?

BR,

Jukka Zitting