jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Permissions caching, DefaultAccessManager
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:31:48 GMT
Arthur Taylor wrote:
> Oh. I had read 'ev.' as 'evidently' :)

nice :)

> Absent changing that, then, is there any recommended mitigation
> strategy; should we be killing all open and cached sessions whenever
> there is a permissions change?

permission changes are diffent thing... the compiled
permissions are intended to be notified and recalculated
whenever the permissions for any of the principals it
has been created for is modified. if that doesn't work
it's a bug.

what the TODO refers to is:
the permissions are compiled for the set of principals
that have been set to the Subject (most probably upon
login). the default implementation retrieves the set
from the principal provider configured for that login
module... that's the reason for my doubts... forcing
the recalculation of the compiled permissions was
more or less straight forward: close the existing one
and create a new one with the new set of principals.

angela