jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Tagliani <l.tagli...@cbt.it>
Subject Reason for Item.save() to be deprecated...
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:46:25 GMT

Hi all,
  I have downloaded the alpha4 of jackrabbit-2.0 and I'm using the
jcr-2.0-b19.jar for the jcr api.

I've found that Item.save() has been deprecated.

I haven't find the source of the jcr-2.0-b19.jar or any javadoc about it.

In our project we rely on item (tipically node) direct saving and I wanted
to know if there will be in the future (jcr2.0 migration of the project...)
any problem.

Could someone please tell me why this method is deprecated and if there's a
replacement (workaround)?

BR

Luca Tagliani