jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bart van der Schans <b.vandersch...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Reindexing a workspace ...
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 14:20:52 GMT
On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM, KÖLL Claus <C.KOELL@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> hi (thomas),

> ok the lucene index is consistent but you will not get a snapshot from the repository
> as bart wrote.
>
> I see some problems with barts solution ..
> if you have a large repository a write lock that runs hours is not good
> but maybe some others have good ideas  ...
Of course, but it depends on your definition of large. For example
dumping 12 GB of data to disk from mysql will take something like half
an hour. Or in other terms that's about 1.000.000 node budles and
about 4.500.000 version bundles. Running for half an hour in read only
in low traffic hours is imo quite acceptable in a lot of environments.

> i have tested the environment as you mentioned with the cluster and it works fine at
the
> moment for us because we can re-index the backup cluster in the background if we get
> a crash ... hopefully not :-)
Keep in mind that re-indexing can take quite a lot of time. IIRC a
full re-index of the repository mentioned above took somewhere between
6-12 hours.

Regards,
Bart