jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Controlling the Lucene indexing
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:13:36 GMT
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Bernd Fondermann<bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
>> i.e. create a regular JCR property instead of creating this
>> low-level-behind-the-scences fields in lucene. then run the more
>> sophisticated searches on those additional properties.
>
> How could that work? I could not differentiate using Lucene query field
> qualifiers.

For any additional metadata you want to search for, you compute it in
your application (on write or in an observation listener) and put it
into separate properties. These can then be used in your normal JCR
Xpath or SQL search. This might not enable all advanced indexing
features you can do with a plain Lucene, but should still cover a lot.
And adding additional properties in JCR is fine - it's more about
de-normalization than what you are typically taught with relational
databases.

Regards,
Alex

--