jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Multiple users on JackRabbit
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 09:09:13 GMT
2009/6/6 lzjsmild <smildlzj@hotmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> We have multiple clients accessing our platform and each client has multiple
> users (1 Admin + many user accounts).
>
> How can I give each client their own view of the Repository? Where user
> accounts see there own folders, but Admin account should have access to its
> own user accounts.
>

> Should I create multiple Workspaces?
>
> or
>
> Create multiple client folders, each containing multiple user accounts
> (admin + users)?

I'd recommend to model this with a unix-like content structure in a
single workspace, eg. /home/users/admin etc. Switching workspaces
inside your application code is a bit of overhead - with a single
workspace, the path to a node is your only required identifier.

> How do I manage access control?

Access control is (will be) specified in JCR 2.0 right in the
specification. Since Jackrabbit 1.5, this is mostly implemented
already. See the mailing lists for more info.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek